Salatet Malfouf - Lebanese Red Cabbage Salad
This simple summer cabbage salad is dressed with a lemon and sumac dressing and mixed with bell pepper, green onion, and parsley.
Servings: 10 people
- 1 medium head red cabbage, thinly sliced (around 1kg / 2.2lbs)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, very finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
For the Dressing:
- juice of half a lemon (roughly 1-2 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp granulated sugar (or sugar alternative of your choice)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sumac
- ¼ tsp white pepper
In a small jar, combine all of the dressing ingredients (lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, sumac, and white pepper). Shake to combine.
In a bowl place your chopped cabbage. Add your dressing and massage it into the cabbage for around 30 seconds. Add the other vegetables and mix thoroughly. Taste and adjust salt if necessary. Enjoy!