Mediterranean Elote Salad
A Middle Eastern / Mediterranean take on the classic Mexican street food.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 lb frozen corn, defrosted and drained well (or use roasted corn, removed from the cob)
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped plus extra, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp toum (Lebanese garlic sauce)
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp Aleppo pepper
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled (or more, if you like a lot of cheese!)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Place all ingredients in a bowl, and mix thoroughly to combine. Garnish with lime wedges and extra sumac, Aleppo pepper, and cilantro, if desired.